To apply or have questions, please email email@example.com
Citadel Insurance Services, is looking for top talent to join our team as an Account Executive. We are an energetic, team-driven, fast paced and rapidly growing organization who seeks to celebrate success and reward results.
Our greatest achievements are not just measured by our corporate growth and success but also through the positive impact experienced by our team.
Each Account Executive is a critical member of our production team and is responsible for:
- Teaming up with Broker(s) to develop, manage and sustain profitable business through providing high level technical expertise, teamwork, and top-tier customer service.
- Managing a Broker’s book of business in-house.
- Creating submissions, loss summaries and loss analysis exhibits, marketing schematic; based on deep knowledge of account, markets, and clients. And support of overall account placement strategy including marketing and quoting, in collaboration with Broker.
- Communicating and negotiating with underwriters and clients, in collaboration with Broker.
- Reviewing policies and other documents received for accuracy.
- Supporting inputting and updating current client information in all required systems
- Successfully negotiating account placements of new and/or renewal business in collaboration with Broker.
- Evaluating quotes and contract provisions offered by underwriters to highlight relevant variances in the support of placement success.
- Maintaining and developing solid relationships with clients, underwriters, and team members; including marketing calls to clients and underwriters on behalf of the Broker.
- Driving and supporting revenue goals.
- Continual enhancement of industry knowledge.
Ideal team member would possess:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a commercial insurance brokerage or account executive role.
- Substantial and relevant wholesale or retail agency/brokerage experience
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of insurance products and services.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Good history of working relationships with retail agents and markets.
- Highest level of customer relationship skills and negotiating talent to drive results.
- Critical attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
*State Licensing – where required
To apply or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.